Friday, June 24, 2016

2013 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet Sauvignon


Norm's Tasting Notes
by: Norm Bentley

The North Georgia Wine Advisor

2013 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet Sauvignon
#nb-25-16

A few weeks back I wrote an article about Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Chardonnay, and I enjoyed it so much, that when the Chardonnay Queen asked what I wanted for Father Day Dinner, I suggested the Cab and a thick steak. I got what I asked for and it was great!  Of course, I must confess that the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery is one of my favorite wineries, mainly because of their consistency.

The 2013 Indian Wells Cab was a perfect choice for my two inch thick, medium rare New York Strip steak. The wine is a beautiful dark ruby red in color, with a bouquet which broadcasts an array of scents, ranging from ripe cherries to dark wild berries.  The flavors abound in a collage of jammy fruits, highlighted by black cherry and a touch of plum to compliment the presence of dark raspberry and a touch of spice.  The finish is long and clean with a lingering cherry aftertaste.  The Cab is paired with 10% Syrah to produce an earthy close to a memorable trip.  The alcohol content is 14.5%, and Norm's score is 89.

 The wine will work well with a broad spectrum of foods, but it is perfect with steak, so why bother with anything else?

price : $14 - $19
score:  89

Norm
Available online at:
WINE – God’s Proof of his Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment