Friday, July 22, 2016

2015 Cline North Coast Viognier


Norm's Tasting Notes
by: Norm Bentley

The North Georgia Wine Advisor

2015 Cline North Coast Viognier
#nb-29-16

Viognier has always been one of my favorite "other" whites, so when I spotted one on the wine list at one of the local purveyors of fish establishments, I ordered it up to pair with my fresh ceviche.  The Cline Viognier was great with my ceviche and the other seafood delights that my old friend, the wine sales manager, and I were enjoying at lunch the other day.

The Viognier grape is known for its aromatic fragrance and combination of herbal and stone fruit flavors. The 2015 Cline is a good example, with a pungent nose of peaches, orange blossoms, and a slight kiss of honeysuckle. The flavor of peaches and apricots with a strong background of vanilla leads to a pleasant crisp finish, which is quite refreshing on a hot summer day.

This is a great summer time wine which is excellent with treats like ceviche and oysters on the half shell.  It would be an excellent companion for any type of seafood salad, especially crab.  Norm's score is 89.

price : $11- $15
score:  89

Norm
Available online at:
WINE – God’s Proof of his Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment