Monday, February 12, 2024

Wine Review Procedures

FROM Norm:

 It has come to my attention, that there are increasing numbers of readers of this blog in Asia, and in particular, Singapore. 

Welcome!  All of the wines which I review may not be available in your market place, but most will be. 

Below is a short description of how I write my reviews: (Usually provided to wineries and PR firms)


Wine Review Procedures

My name is Norm Bentley.  I have been reviewing wine for over fifteen years.  Before that I spent more than twenty five years as a retail wine merchant.  During that time I served as a judge on numerous occasions at International Wine Festivals, as well as conducting both public, and private, wine tasting events.

I do not write negative reviews.  I use the 1 to 100 scoring scale, but do not write about wines which I judge to be a score of less than 85.  I receive samples from several dozen wineries, most of which are in California.  I also receive samples from ten or twelve PR firms both on the East and West Coasts, which represent wineries from all over the world.
I also purchase samples at retail wine outlets.  About half of the wines I write about are samples, and the other half from wines I have purchased.  I probably review about two thirds of the samples which I receive.

I normally write one review per week, which is usually released on Fridays.  I hope my methods meet with the expectations you seek for publicizing your products. 

Norm

Facebook/Norm's Tasting Notes
normwine.blogspot.com

AVAILABLE ONLINE AT:

Pine Island Eagle.com

ALSO AVAILABLE at: Dunwoody Patch

Dunwoody, Ga Patch


Wine – God's Proof of His Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment