Friday, July 20, 2018

2015 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec

Norm's Tasting Notes
by: Norm Bentley
The North Georgia Wine Advisor
normwine@charter.net


2015 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec
#nb-28-18

I like wine!  In fact I like most varieties of wine, but I love red wine made from grapes which got their origin from the soil in Bordeaux, France.  That list includes Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and Carmenere.  I have found that when having one of these with dinner, if the wine is really good, I keep re-filling my glass, even though I do not consume as much wine as I once did.  Last night with my steak, I kept re-filling my glass with this delicious Malbec from Argentina.

The 2015 Norton Reserva Malbec  is not as intense as the 2010 vintage I reviewed a few years back, but my score is going to be the same, since this wine makes up the difference in finesse.  The color is a deep red, with a big nose reeking of dark berries on the vine.  The flavor explodes in your mouth with red raspberry and black cherry leading the way.  The fruit is big, ripe and succulent, with hints of blackberry and peppery spice in the background.  The finish is lingering, with subtle tannins sailing off into the night without leaving an oaky aftertaste.  The alcohol content is 13.5%, and Norm's score is 93.

Hard to beat with a good grilled steak, but this wonderful Malbec would pair well with a host of other foods, which might include home-made Lasagna.

 
price : $12 - $17
score:  93
  
Norm

Available online at:
http://cumminghome.com/
http://dawsontimes.com/
Also available at AOL's Dunwoody Patch:
WINE – God’s Proof of his Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment