Friday, July 27, 2018

2016 Cline North Coast Viognier

Norm's Tasting Notes
by: Norm Bentley
The North Georgia Wine Advisor
normwine@charter.net


2016 Cline North Coast Viognier
#nb-29-18

I had a friend ask me the other day what system I used for scoring wine, since most of my scores are between 87 and 94.  My system, like most other wine writers is a 100 point scale.  However, since there are so many good wines on the market these days, I never write about a wine that I can't score at least an 85.  Sadly, the exceptional wines which would score 95 and above are more scarce than ever before, especially those in the market place for less than $50 per bottle. The average wine buyer spends between $10 and $30 per bottle, so these are the majority of the wines which I write about, although I occasionally write about more expensive wines, if they are worthy.

This 2016 Cline Viognier is a perfect choice for a good, value priced white wine which will please a large  majority of white wine lovers.  It is fresh, crisp, and clean, and makes a good companion for a variety of foods, especially summer fare.  The nose is bright and alluring which leads to flavors of fresh stonefruit with a spicy background, and a finish which hints of apple and honeysuckle.  Almost anty Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio drinker will enjoy this Viognier.  The alcohol content is 14%, and Norm's score is 87.

We enjoyed our Cline Viognier with grilled chicken tenders marinated in wine, with sauteed mushrooms, and a fresh garden salad.

 
price : $11 - $15
score:  87
  
Norm

Available online at:
http://cumminghome.com/
http://dawsontimes.com/
Also available at AOL's Dunwoody Patch:
WINE – God’s Proof of his Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment