Friday, August 18, 2017

2015 B Side Cabernet Sauvignon

Norm's Tasting Notes
Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses and outdoor
The North Georgia Wine Advisor  
normwine@charter.net
normwine@bellsouth.net

#nb-31-17
2015 B Side Cabernet Sauvignon

When I was in the business of selling wine in a wine shop, customers often asked, "What's a good wine?"  This is, of course, a difficult question to answer, since there are no wines which taste good to everyone.  For me though, it is quite easy. Give me a California Cab and a nice thick juicy steak, and I could not be more happy!  The B Side Cab from the east side of Napa Valley has always come through, with the last one I wrote about being the 2013 vintage.

My favorite flavor in a Cab is black cherry, and the 2015 vintage comes through very well on that score.  This one is 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, and that produces a lot of the cherry effect.  The wine also has 10% Merlot which brings out some blackberry as well.  In addition, there is currant and blueberry in the mix with a good balance between the fruit and the acidity.  The wine comes across as lush and complex, with a toasty oak finish which sails off into the night, and begs for another sip.  The alcohol content is 14.5%, and Norm's score is 91.

Pair with a two inch thick New York Strip grilled medium rare, and you are all set.  We added in a baked potato and a salad with ripe avocado and fresh home grown tomatoes.  I like a variety of foods and wines, but those of you who read my articles know that my favorite is a "Cab and a Slab". 

score: 91
price: $22 - $27

Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment