Friday, May 17, 2019

2014 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec

Norm's Tasting Notes
by Norm Bentley
The North Georgia Wine Advisor
normwine@charter.net
2014 Wild Horse Viognier
#20-19
2014 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec

About a year ago I wrote about the 2015 Norton Reserve Malbec. and I really liked it.  So the other day when I was in a local wine shop and discovered a bottle of  the 2014 vintage on the shelf, I decided to take a backwards tasting and compare the two.  A little hard to compare, since this bottle was now two years older than the one I tasted a year ago, but I will just say that I made a great choice!

The color is a deep red with purple on the edges. The flavors are bold and enticing with gobs of dark berry coupled with intense black cherry.  The structure has layers of chocolate, spicy oak, and mellow tannins sailing on to the finish.  The wine leaves a lingering aftertaste which beckons to the next sip.  The alcohol content is 14%, and Norm's score is 91.

We burned a thick t-bone on the grill to enjoy with this wonderful bottle of wine.  I would give the 2015 vintage a slight nod, but that is a point which could be argued from either side.
 
score: 91
price: $13 - $17


Norm

Available online at:
http://cumminghome.com/
http://dawsontimes.com/
Also available at AOL's Dunwoody Patch:
WINE – God’s Proof of his Love for Humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment